A few things to keep in mind…
- Mud likes to steal your shoes, and everything else, via suction so please ensure that you have boots or a style of shoe that covers the ankle. Some participants will use duct tape over their running shoes to keep them on their feet – others feel that limits traction necessary to get through obstacles.
- Loose clothes will slow you down especially if you have pockets that will hold water and mud! Avoid cotton – your feet will blister and it will stay moist and be uncomfortable if it’s in shirt or shorts form.
- Some people like to use knee pads for crawling obstacles.
- Some participants find carrying a portable hydration pack makes for a more comfortable race – even if you are used to running this distance, there are significant strains and hills involved and you may find you need more hydration than is available on course.
- We highly encourage costume-wearing to make it even more fun! It’s Halloween!
- A change of clothes and a few towels for post race cleanup is highly recommended.
- Wondering what to eat before and after? Check out Fluid’s nutrition school!
- If you are running this for fun, choose the easier access pathways available to you – they may have backups, but it allows the people running for time to get through the course faster with minimal delays.
- Please note: ALL OUT EVENTS is not responsible for any items lost on the course during the race, so please do not wear any valuable items, like jewelry.
We also have an awesome training program, developed by SLO-Based Gymnazo on YouTube. Check it out!